CUSTOMIZED TA & TRAINING
TAC provides technical assistance and training customized to meet the unique needs of its clients regarding housing and health and human services policy, programs, and financing.
Types of assistance TAC offers include:
- Providing technical assistance for federal, state, and local programs and initiatives designed to prevent and end homelessness through program design and community planning.
- Providing consultation to federal, state, and local programs on systems redesign to prevent and reduce unnecessary institutionalization through community-based supportive housing linked with mainstream services and supports.
- Assisting with program development and start up, grants management, financial analysis and underwriting, and ongoing implementation support as needed to meet program goals.
- Developing and delivering training to government and nonprofit provider agency staff on the implementation of best practice housing and service interventions for people with disabilities and people who experience homelessness or are at risk, including families, chronically homeless individuals, veterans, and people with disabilities.
- Providing technical input and support, including evaluation expertise, on federal, state, and local initiatives designed to improve access to integrated, community-based housing and services to prevent and end homelessness and unnecessary institutionalization among vulnerable low-income populations.
- Contributing to publications on issues such as homelessness, behavioral health, Medicaid financing, employment, and affordable and permanent supportive housing.