MENTAL HEALTH & SUBSTANCE USE
TAC supports the efforts of public managers and purchasers to successfully plan and implement the design, financing, and management of evidence-based and best practice mental health and substance use services that promote community living and person-centered recovery.
TAC's specific expertise includes:
- Working with states and localities to conduct comprehensive analyses of public mental health and substance use service systems to identify needs, gaps, challenges, and opportunities.
- Reorienting systems toward integrated treatment, recovery, community living, expansion of peer supports, and improved access to community-based services through system-wide and inclusive strategic planning efforts.
- Providing expert consultation on the use of housing as a platform to foster and promote community integration, recovery, independence and self-sufficiency.
- Designing and implementing appropriate statutory, regulatory, and financing approaches to foster best practices and to provide incentives for quality and performance.
- Providing workforce training and development to support the delivery of evidence-based and best practice clinical and operational practices.
- Designing outcome and performance measurement and continuous quality improvement systems.