TAC is fluent in federal Medicaid rules and regulations and in leveraging Medicaid to promote access to services that assist people with disabilities to live at home and in the community.
TAC's specific expertise includes:
- Assisting states to plan for and develop Medicaid waivers and state plan amendments, and supporting states in their negotiations with the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Designing effective prudent purchasing and performance contracting systems for payers/purchasers to incentivize quality, cost-efficiency, and best practices among service providers.
- Providing expert consultation and decision support on benefit design, value-based purchasing, behavioral health and long-term care policy development, and implementation of innovative service delivery and financing models.
- Using 1915(i) Home and Community-Based State Plan services to support people with serious mental illnesses to live in the community.
- Designing and implementing care management approaches such as health homes to improve health integration and outcomes for people with chronic disabilities.
- Providing expert guidance and consultation to states involved in EPSDT lawsuits.
- Planning and developing procurement processes and requests for proposals to select managed care or administrative service organizations.
- Assisting with Medicaid plan/waiver implementation through training of leadership and staff, outcome and performance measurement, and quality improvement efforts.