HUD Releases Webinar on 811/202 Proposed Rule
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has released a webinar highlighting certain provisions in the recently published Supportive Housing and Services for the Elderly and Persons with Disabilities: Implementing Statutory Reforms Proposed Rule. This rule codifies amendments made by the Section 202 Supportive Housing for the Elderly Act of 2010, the Frank Melville Supportive Housing Investment Act of 2010, and other authorizing statutes for the Section 811 Supportive Housing for Persons with Disabilities and Section 202 Supportive Housing for the Elderly programs.
The proposed rule would:
- Establish the requirements and procedures for the new
- Section 811 Project Rental Assistance (PRA) Program
- Senior Preservation Rental Assistance (SPRAC) Program
- Implement several other changes to align with the amendments made by the January 4, 2011, statutes
- Streamline the Section 202 to better provide supportive housing for the elderly and support aging in place
- Make significant changes for prepayment of certain loans for the elderly
- Modernize the Section 811 Capital Advance Program
- Establish regulations for the Service Coordinator Program and Assisted Living Conversion Program (ALCP)
Public comments must be submitted no later than December 8, 2014 and may be sent electronically through the Federal eRulemaking Portal at www.regulations.gov or by mail at: Regulations Division, Office of General Counsel, Department of Housing and Urban Development, 451 7th Street SW, Room 10276, Washington, DC 20410-0500.