HUD Posts New HUD-VASH Resources, Update on FY 13 Allocation
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has posted the following new resources on its webpage for the HUD-Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) Program:
- A letter from Assistant Secretary Henriquez to Public Housing Agencies (PHAs) administering HUD-VASH, on HUD and VA strategies for the program moving forward,
- The slides and video recording from the HUD-VASH webinar, Building Community Partnerships, and
- The HUD-VASH Reference Guide, a two-page document providing an easy-to-read overview of the unique requirements governing the voucher side of HUD-VASH.
HUD and VA are still in the process of finalizing the number of new HUD-VASH vouchers that will be allocated to communities with the highest levels of relative need nationwide for Fiscal Year (FY) 2013. Levels of need are calculated based upon three sets of data:
- 2012 point-in-time data submitted by homeless Continuums of Care.
- VA Medical Center (VAMC) data on the number of contacts with homeless Veterans and chronically homeless Veterans, and
- Performance data from PHAs and VAMCs.
Within a few weeks, PHAs within these communities will receive letters inviting them to apply for new vouchers from the FY 2013 allocation.
For more information visit: