The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) recently released a Frequently Asked Questions document on the Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Final Rule. This document provides information on a variety of topics, including:
- The purpose of the final rule
- Changes to 1915(c) waivers due to the final rule
- The five-year period for certain waivers and demonstration projects
- Provider payment reassignment
- Setting requirements for Community First Choice and 1915(c) HCBS waivers
Released in January 2014 and effective as of March 17th, the HCBS Final Rule creates new requirements for the types of settings eligible for reimbursement for Medicaid Home and Community Based Services (HCBS), delivered under sections 1915(c), 1915(i), and 1915(k) of the Medicaid statute.
Read more about HCBS Waivers.
Read about TAC's work on Medicaid.
Read about TAC's work on Community Integration.