The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) announced in August 2012 that it had reached a settlement agreement with the state of North Carolina to improve its services for people with mental illness by expanding community-based services and supportive housing over the next eight years.
CICTAC provides access to the latest information and resources on community integration, Olmstead, and related topics including those available through TAC's knowledge and information library and news updates. Check back periodically as we add new resources!
CICTAC RESOURCES ON COMMUNITY INTEGRATION
TAC recently prepared a series of briefs as part of the Housing Capacity Building Initiative for Community Living Project, a collaboration of the U.S. Departments of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and Health and Human Services (HHS), under the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Money Follows the Person (MFP) Rebalancing Demonstration. The series includes:
- Accessing Multifamily Housing for MFP Participants
- Live-In Aides in Federally-funded Housing Programs: Information for MFP Participants & Program Staff
- New Medicaid Options to Support MFP Participants in Community-Based Housing
- Strategies for Creating Integrated Supportive Housing for People with Disabilities
- Supporting Community Living: Olmstead & Money Follows the Person
- Olmstead & Supportive Housing: A Vision for the Future
- The Olmstead Decision & Housing: Opportunity Knocks
For a more complete listing of TAC publications on community integration click here
COMMUNITY INTEGRATION NEWS & UPDATES
For the latest news and information on community integration and Olmstead issues, click here